Felix is an undergraduate student at the University of Ottawa. He began his studies in the Biochemistry program in 2013 before switching to Physics and Mathematics. Felix developed his interest in quantum mechanics while studying the Wigner function representation of weak measurements for his honours research project with Professor Jeff Lundeen. He joined the SQO group in 2017 to work on various quantum key distribution projects.
When he is not studying physics, Felix enjoys various sports including playing volleyball at the University of Ottawa, rock climbing, and running. He also enjoys playing music on piano and guitar.
- Vectorized optoelectronic control and metrology in a semiconductor, S Sederberg, F Kong, F Hufnagel, C Zhang, E Karimi & P B. Corkum, Nature Photonics (2020).
- Investigation of underwater quantum channels in a 30 meter flume tank using structured photons, F Hufnagel, A Sit, F Bouchard, Y Zhang, D England, K Heshami, B J Sussman & E Karimi, New Journal of Physics 22, 093074 (2020) (On news outlet: link1, link2, link3, link4)
- Characterization of an underwater channel for quantum communications in the Ottawa River, F Hufnagel, A Sit, F Grenapin, F Bouchard, Kh Heshami, D England, Y Zhang, B J. Sussman, R W. Boyd, G Leuchs, and E Karimi, Optics Express 27, 26346 (2019).
- Compressed sensing of twisted photons, F. Bouchard, D. Koutný, F. Hufnagel, Z. Hradil, J. Řeháček, Y.-S. Teo, D. Ahn, H. Jeong, L. L. Sánchez-Soto, G. Leuchs & E. Karimi, Optics Express 27, 17426-17434 (2019).
- Adaptive compressive tomography with no a priori information, D Ahn, Y S Teo, H Jeong, F Bouchard, F Hufnagel, E Karimi, D Koutný, J Řeháček, Z Hradil, G Leuchs & L L Sánchez-Soto, Physical Review Letters 122, 100404 (2019).
- Quantum process tomography of a high-dimensional quantum communication channel, F Bouchard, F Hufnagel, DKoutný, A Abbas, A Sit, K Heshami, R Fickler & E Karimi, Quantum 3, 138 (2019).
- Quantum cryptography with twisted photons through an outdoor underwater channel, F Bouchard, A Sit, F Hufnagel, A Abbas, Y Zhang, K Heshami, R Fickler, C Marquardt, G Leuchs, R W Boyd & E Karimi, Optics Express 26, 22563-22573 (2018).