Working in the SQO group has been a rewarding and enriching experience, given the congenial group dynamics it is an excellent environment to work in. Everyone is always willing to provide a helping hand and work together to get projects done in a timely manner. Alongside this, Ebrahim is an outstanding and very knowledgeable supervisor, what sets Ebrahim apart from other supervisors is his professional demeanour coupled with his levelheaded mentality. It has been an absolute pleasure working in the SQO group, and one of the most memorable experiences of my undergraduate studies.
Harjaspreet Mand is studying a Master’s (MSc) in Finance at Imperial College London.
Harjaspreet Mand is a 4th year undergraduate student at the University of Ottawa currently completing an Honours Specialization in Physics, Minor in Economics. He joined Professor Robert Boyd’s Quantum Photonics group in 2013 working on his UROP Project entitled “Experimental Realization of Teleporting Hybrid Quantum States”. Furthermore in 2014 and 2015 he received the Yatendra P. Varshni Scholarship for academic excellency in Physics, and the Stephen Odoysk Scholarship for academic merit. He is interested in quantum optics, particularly with Orbital Angular Momentum of light. He is continuing research in the group on a CERC Scholarship, and looks to do his Honours thesis on said research topics.
- Frédéric Bouchard, Jeremie Harris, Harjaspreet Mand, Robert W Boyd, and Ebrahim Karimi, Observation of sub-luminal twisted light in vacuum, Optica 3, 351 (2016). (On news outlet: link1, link2, link3, link4, link5)
- Frédéric Bouchard, Jeremie Harris, Harjaspreet Mand, Nicolas Bent, Enrico Santamato, Robert W Boyd, and Ebrahim Karimi, Observation of quantum recoherence of photons by spatial propagation, Scientific Reports 5, 15330 (2015).
- Manuel Erhard, Hammam Qassim, Harjaspreet Mand, Ebrahim Karimi, and Robert W Boyd, Real-time imaging of spin-to-orbital angular momentum hybrid remote state preparation, Physical Review A 92, 022321 (2015).
- Frédéric Bouchard, Harjaspreet Mand, Mohammad Mirhosseini, Ebrahim Karimi, Robert W Boyd, Achromatic orbital angular momentum generator, New journal of Physics 16, 123006 (2014). [PDF] (Research Highlights by Nature Photonics)
- Manuel Erhard, Hammam Qassim, Harjaspreet Mand, Ebrahim Karimi, Robert W Boyd, Real-time imaging of spin-to-orbital angular momentum quantum state teleportation, arXiv:1404.7573, (2014). (Science News)
- Ebrahim Karimi, Harjaspreet Mand, Manuel Erhard, Hammam Qassim, Robert W Boyd, Real-time imaging of photonic quantum teleportation, SPIE Newroom 02/2015; DOI: 10.1117/2.1201502.005800
- Harjaspreet Mand, “Experimental Realization of Teleporting Hybrid Quantum States.” University of Ottawa UROP symposium, (2014).