Dr Farshad Nejadsattari received his bachelor’s degree in Solid State Physics from the University of Tehran, Iran. He did his graduate studies in Photonics at the Laser and Plasma Research Institute at Iran’s Shahid Beheshti University, where he studied spintronics. His master’s thesis was a theoretical study on the generation of optically induced spin dependent currents through quantum dots. After receiving his master’s degree, he spent some time on writing and also translating a couple of textbooks on quantum mechanics into Persian. In the meantime, he worked as a part-time instructor of physics and mathematics at Iran’s University of Applied Sciences and Technology.
Farshad moved to Canada in 2011 to start his PhD program in condensed matter physics at the University of Ottawa and under the supervision of Professor Stadnik. His PhD work consisted of theoretical and experimental studies on the electronic structure, magnetic, and hyperfine interaction parameters of different novel compounds. After earning his PhD, Dr Nejadsattari joined Professor Karimi’s Structured Quantum Optics group to commence research in quantum simulations.
During his spare time, Farshad enjoys studying the history and philosophy of science and also participating in long intellectual discussions with his peers. He is a fan of classical music as well as late 60’s and early 70’s soft rock. As his favourite hobby from childhood, he loves astronomical observations. Going for early morning long walks beside the river is his favourite outdoor activity and he always likes teaching physics and mathematics to younger students.
Office: +1 (613) 562-5800 ext. 7139
Lab: +1 (613)562-5800 ext. 6784
- Geometric phase from Aharonov–Bohm to Pancharatnam–Berry and beyond, E Cohen, H Larocque, F Bouchard, F Nejadsattari, Y Gefen & E Karimi, Nature Reviews Physics 1, 437–449 (2019).
- F Nejadsattari, Y Zhang, F Bouchard, H Larocque, A Sit, E Cohen, R Fickler, & E Karimi, Experimental realization of wave-packet dynamics in cyclic quantum walks, Optica 6, 174 (2019).
- Mohammad A. Albedah, Farshad Nejadsattari, Zbigniew M. Stadnik, Zhi-Cheng Wang, Cao Wang, Guang Han Cao, Absence of stripe antiferromagnetic order in the new 30K superconductor ThFeAsN, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 695, 1128 (2017).
- Farshad Nejadsattari, Zbigniew M. Stadnik, Janusz Przewoznik, Benjamin Grushko, Ab-initio, Mössbauer spectroscopy, and magnetic study of the approximant Al72Ni9Fe19 to a decagonal Al-Ni-Fe quasicrystal, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 689, 726 (2016).
- Farshad Nejadsattari, Zbigniew M. Stadnik, Janusz Przewoznik, Benjamin Grushko, Mössbauer spectroscopy, magnetic, and ab-initio study of the approximant Al76Ni9Fe15 to a decagonal Al-Ni-Fe quasicrystal, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 662, 612 (2016).
- Farshad Nejadsattari, Zbigniew M. Stadnik, Search for Fe magnetic ordering in the 40K superconductor (Li0.8Fe0.2)OHFeSe, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 652, 470 (2015).
- Farshad Nejadsattari, Zbigniew M. Stadnik, Janusz Przewoznik, Kurt H.J. Buschow, Mössbauer spectroscopy, magnetic, and ab initio study of the Heusler compound Fe2NiGa, Physica B: Condensed Matter, 477, 113 (2015).
- Farshad Nejadsattari, Zbigniew M. Stadnik, Jan Żurkowski, Mössbauer spectroscopy study of a new layered iron oxyselenide Na2Fe2Se2O, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 639, 547 (2015).
- Mohammad A. Albedah, Farshad Nejadsattari, Zbigniew M. Stadnik, Janusz Przewoznik, Mossbauer spectroscopy and magnetic study of Al13Fe4, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 839, 547 (2015).
- Translation of Introduction to Quantum Mechanics, 2nd edition by David J. Griffiths to Persian, The Universities Books Press, Tehran, Iran (2009).
- Author of Technical English for Physics, Modaresanesharif Press, Tehran, Iran (2010).
- Author of Quantum Mechanics, (in Persian) Modaresanesharif Press, Tehran, Iran (2011).
Selected Seminars and Presentations
- Farshad Nejadsattari, Pu Wang, Zbigniew M. Stadnik, “Theoretical and Experimental Studies on the Electronic Structure and Magnetic Properties of GdRhO3” CAMaR conference, Ottawa, Canada (2017).
- Theoretical and Experimental Studies on the Electronic, Magnetic, and Hyperfine Interaction Parameters of Novel Compounds, OCIP graduate student symposium, University of Ottawa, Canada (2015).
- The Physics of Negative Refractive Index Metamaterials, Laser and Plasma Research Institute, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran (2008)